Get the capital you need when you need it
Let us help you achieve your strategic ambitions
Backed by Institutional Investors committed to supporting SME growth, we can quickly and efficiently provide the capital you require. Our collaborative platform standardises and simplifies the loan application, ensuring a streamlined transaction process which allows us to focus on the core principle of lending - building a long-term relationship with quality SMEs.
Unlocking capital for SMEs
For many SMEs, banks can no longer be relied on for accessing capital. In fact, 50% of loan applications by first time borrowers are declined by banks. We are here to fill that gap.
Fast, streamlined lending
Our platform allows for a much faster process than that of a traditional lender. You will get an indication of interest after 48 hours, facilitating a drawdown in as little as 4 weeks from initial application.
The right amount for the right term
We are able to provide larger amounts than most alternative lenders. Our loans are typically structured for periods of up to 7 years at competitive rates, giving you the flexibility needed to grow your business.
Our proprietary technology and dedicated interfaces allow for continuous dialogue between all parties, ensuring better collaboration and a smooth path to completion.
When applying for a loan, rest assured that all confidential business information will be treated as such. Privacy and integrity are integral parts of our business model.
Our transparent lending process greatly improves coordination and communication, ensuring a high level of visibility at every stage between business advisors, borrowers and lawyers.
Source the capital you need
Loans arranged from £1m–£20m for well-established and profitable SMEs. Our online platform allows for fast and flexible lending.
Taking the pain out of SME borrowing
50% of first time SME loans are rejected by banks
We really get to know your business, allowing us to provide the most suitable debt structure
Typically long, uncertain and costly application process
Our simple and efficient process facilitates funding in as little as 4 weeks from initial application
Risk profiles of traditional lenders are restrictive and inflexible
We will consider your business on its own merits and will structure your loan accordingly
Institutional debt for established UK based SMEs
To be eligible, you will typically have:
- An EBITDA of £0.5m+
- At least 3 years of trading history
- A proven management track record
- A clear plan supporting the uses of funds
- A professional advisor or accountant
How to borrow
- Loan ApplicationSubmit a simple online loan application summarising the proposed transaction. We will get back to you with indicative terms after 48 hours.
- Due Diligence QuestionnaireShould our indicative terms be suitable to your financing needs, you will be invited to complete our online due diligence questionnaire.
- Management Q&AManagement will be invited to meet with our credit team. Subject to management's availability, we will issue final terms typically within 2 weeks from submission of the due diligence questionnaire.
- Loan Documentation & FundingFollowing agreement of final terms, lawyers will be engaged to draft the legal documentation. Once the legal documents have been signed, we will transfer funds.
- Loan ManagementOnce you have received funds, you will be assigned a dedicated transaction manager who will provide ongoing support until loan maturity.
SME Capital were very professional and flexible throughout the transaction process and I look forward to working with them to finance future acquisitions and take my business to the next level.