What are cookies and why we use them
What cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. For the operation of our Website and/or Platform strictly necessary cookies are required. These include for example cookies that enable you to log into the Platform, i.e. the secure area of our Website, but these cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or where you have on the Internet.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These types of cookies enable us to collect information about on how you use our Website and/or Platform and for example whether you have encounter any errors. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors we have and how these visitors move around our Website and/or Platform. This data helps us to improve the way our Website and/or Platform works, for example, by ensuring that visitors easily find what they are looking for. Analytical/performance cookies do not collect any information that could identify you. The information collected is anonymous and is used to help us improve use experience and our Website and/or Platform.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Website and/or Platform. Functionality cookies allow us to personalise the content on our Website and/or Platform, for example greeting you by name and remembering your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. Targeting cookies record your visit to our Website and/or Platform, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our Website and/or Platform.
The table below sets out the origin of and types of cookies:
|Origin||Types of Cookies|
|Strictly necessary||Performance||Functionality||Targeting or Advertising|
|New Relic, Inc.||–||–||–|
|SME Platform Ltd.||–||–|
How to manage cookies
All browsers enable you to manage cookie. Generally, this can be done via the 'preferences' or 'options' menu of the browser you are using.
If you are unsure as to how to manage your cookies or require more information, we have provided the following links to the settings pages for the most commonly used web browsers:
- Firefox internet settings
- Chrome cookie settings
- Opera cookie settings
- Safari cookie settings
- Microsoft Edge cookie settings
- Internet Explorer cookie settings
For further information on cookies, please consult the Information Commissioner’s Office guidance on cookies and www.allaboutcookies.org.